Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG's, and other Sandbox Styled Games

4 posters

Go down

RPG's, and other Sandbox Styled Games Empty RPG's, and other Sandbox Styled Games

Post by Slashfan Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:25 pm

I started GTA III about a month ago, and I absolutely hate the fact that you can't rotate the camera like almost all other sandbox games. If anybody here has played this, will the core gameplay get good enough later on to finish this one out? I've played most of the other games so I know I shouldn't be asking this but yeah.

Also, a friend of mine just gave me Assassin's Creed II, and I don't know that I like that either. It's really confusing, for me at least. I also want to know if this game gets any better.

I just finished up Saints Row 2 last night and even though it was plagued with technical problems the core story was decent, I liked it. I just didn't like the fact that you have to earn respect to play missions, I was hoping it'd be more like GTA: San Andreas where respect wasn't so important. I kind of want to get Saints Row: The Third and the first installment but I'm hesitant. If anyone has played the Third, how is it?

About a week ago I also finished up L.A. Noire (going for 100% completion now yay!) and that wasn't too bad. I've got some DLC for it too that I'm going to be doing for the Gold trophies (yes just for completeing it you get gold trophies, I'm a trophy freak lol, just like AC2, over half the trophies are silvers and are likely to be easy because the friend that gave it to me platinumed it and he sucks at video games lol). I'm currently waiting on Red Dead Redemption (should be here tomorrow) and to try and beat that before my DFGT comes in the mail hopefully by Friday. I hear it's really good and I'm liking what I'm seeing in YouTube videos. I bought the Game of the Year version that inlcudes all DLC and stuff too so I'm really looking forward to getting it. If you couldn't tell, when I'm not play Gran Turismo, I'm usually playing RPG's/sandbox/open world games. I'm also looking into getting Just Cause 2 because of how big the map is, even though there are bigger maps (look at Elder Scrolls II, over 62,000 square miles of map, in comparison to GTA: San Andreas 3.73 square mile map, and I thought that was big back in the day. Damn, now I regret selling my copy of The Godfather. Infamous wasn't too bad even though I haven't beatin it yet just because the dull grey's everywhere kind of turns me off. Once I finish this, I will be getting Infamous 2 as I played the demo and liked it. I never realy cared for the Elder Scrolls series either for some reason. I mean, I know it's good but, eh. I will definitetly be getting Grand Theft Auto 5 when it comes out though, I seriously cannot wait for that title. I played the Mafia II demo, I knod of like it since it's similar to The Godfather. If anyone has played it, how is it? I'm thinking about picking it up too.

Driver: San Francisco seemed ok when I played the demo, but it was kind of a turn off since I'm so used to GT5. Is this worth it? I feel the same way about the Fallout Series. New Vegas was good but meh. Back in the day when the NFS series was good, NFS: Underground 2, Hot Pursuit, and Most Wanted was the SHIT. I mean I loved those. I even had Underground 2 for GBA. I'm hesitant about the new NFS games though. I think that series was dead a long time ago personally.

Also, in the handheld section, I've played the FSCK out of Pirates of the Carribean for GBA. I don't know what it is about that game but I wore out 4 different GBAs from that game alone, let alone NFS: Underground 2 on GBA (and PS2).

Believe it or not, I've never played Red Faction, or any of the Midnight Club series, but I would love to try out the latter. I'm dying to know how those are. The box art looks promising. Borderlands sounds good but the boxart is a turnoff. I feel the same about the Prototype series. I know, never judge a book by it's cover right? Well maybe that's so, but from every RPG I've played the boxart was usually key...Except maybe the Godfather, that looks kind of boring. I've never touched the Sims either, shocking I know. I know I'm missing a lot. Test Drive 4 wasn't too bad, I liked that game when it worked. Test Drive Unlimited 2 is another of the Test Drive series I've wanted to test out. One other game I wanted was True Crime: Streets of L.A. I always liked the sound of that.

Didn't like Sonic Adventure either. What am I saying. It's Sonic. It has to be good. But no, I don't like. My favorite Sonic game was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and yes it still works on my Sega Genesis. The Legend of Zelda was another I never got into.

Anyways, answer those questions if you could and what are your favorite open world games? Currently, mine are:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (own 2 copies)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Grand Theft Auto IV

Need for Speed: Underground 2 (PS2/GBA Version)

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

L.A. Noire

Saints Row 2

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Grand Theft Auto: Libery City Stories

The Godfather

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Infamous

Fallout: New Vegas

Test Drive 4

Well I think I got all my favorites. LOL What a wall of a post.
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts Posts : 274
Location Location : Somewhere in Time

Back to top Go down

RPG's, and other Sandbox Styled Games Empty Re: RPG's, and other Sandbox Styled Games

Post by dr_slump Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:04 am

Buy Skyrim!
dr_slump
dr_slump
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts Posts : 443
Location Location : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

RPG's, and other Sandbox Styled Games Empty Re: RPG's, and other Sandbox Styled Games

Post by PTK Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Buy Sports Champions
PTK
PTK
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Posts Posts : 247
Location Location : Sactown

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_slump Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:34 pm

PTK wrote:Buy Sports Champions
Off Topic
dr_slump
dr_slump
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by PTK Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Who Gives a... Admin Power
PTK
PTK
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_slump Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:22 pm

PTK wrote: Who Gives a... Admin Power
Wave Finger
dr_slump
dr_slump
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by PTK Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Really though jokes aside.. we do keep this forum alive, we should be super mods.. we are on here more than anyone else...
PTK
PTK
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_slump Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:52 pm

PTK wrote:Really though jokes aside.. we do keep this forum alive, we should be super mods.. we are on here more than anyone else...
Yeah, right! Where's DLR..........?
dr_slump
dr_slump
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by PTK Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:11 pm

dr_slump wrote:
PTK wrote:Really though jokes aside.. we do keep this forum alive, we should be super mods.. we are on here more than anyone else...
Yeah, right! Where's DLR..........?
\

I dont know.

Seattle maybe...
PTK
PTK
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashfan Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Back on topic guys. I was thinking about getting Skyrim. Got Red Dead today, just started playing.
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_slump Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:15 am

Slashfan wrote:Back on topic guys. I was thinking about getting Skyrim. Got Red Dead today, just started playing.

You must have it! But load the patches first, they are extremely important.
dr_slump
dr_slump
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashfan Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Yeah I heard it has lots of freezing issues on the PS3. We'll see what happens.
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_slump Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:41 am

Slashfan wrote:Yeah I heard it has lots of freezing issues on the PS3. We'll see what happens.
It doesn't freeze that often (never happened on my ps3), it just goes veeeeery slow. Like a diashow!

But with the new patches it's much better.
dr_slump
dr_slump
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotary Junkie Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:46 am

SR3 is a badass game that you should buy.

You don't need to earn respect to continue through the main missions but there are some, erm, advantages to doing so. If you take it too far you can make yourself invulnerable to everything except melee though...

Rotary Junkie
Casual Dragster

Posts Posts : 43
Location Location : Canton, MI

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashfan Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:21 pm

All my buds say SR3 blows...I want it anyways. Any glitches or things I should watch out for?
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotary Junkie Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Probably a few but none that I really experienced.

"SR3 blows" because they can't handle the awesome and the jokes go over their heads. No big deal.

Then again there are a few that would've gone over most anyone's head depending on voice selection.

Rotary Junkie
Casual Dragster

Posts Posts : 43
Location Location : Canton, MI

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_slump Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:08 am

Btw, don't use the zombie voice!!!
dr_slump
dr_slump
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashfan Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:07 pm

dr_slump wrote:Btw, don't use the zombie voice!!!

I won't. A few other games I want to try are The Saboteur and Just Cause 2. Might rent SR3 soon if it's in stock. Oh wait, they just closed my local Blockbuster. Nevermind.
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by PTK Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:15 pm

Slashfan wrote:
dr_slump wrote:Btw, don't use the zombie voice!!!

I won't. A few other games I want to try are The Saboteur and Just Cause 2. Might rent SR3 soon if it's in stock. Oh wait, they just closed my local Blockbuster. Nevermind.

oooooohh JC2 thats a good game... its only single player though Crying or Very sad

Here are two vids i made a long time ago...

PTK
PTK
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashfan Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:18 pm

I'm thinking about it. Nothing for sure yet though. I just got 20 bucks tonight and I can't decide between GT5 DLC and GTA Vice City, I want to get it again, as well as the rest of the series at some point. Chinatown wars I don't want though. So far I have these ones, listed below. (and have played, well most of them anwyays). The first and second are free to download from Rockstar's website. I think I might get those too.

GTA III
GTA San Andreas (x2)
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Vice City
GTA IV

Still want

GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA V (pre-order available)
...and considering GTA IV DLC.

Eventually I will get my hands on JC2 though. Not sure when, but I will. GTA first.
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashfan Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:45 pm

Halfway through GTA III, getting Vice City Monday for 15 bucks off a buddy. Hopefully I'll have enough money by the 18th for the DLC.
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_slump Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:55 am

It only costs 4$......
dr_slump
dr_slump
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashfan Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Ya but I have to get a PSN card for 20. I don't have a credit card. I got Vice City today but the disc is shot. Badly scratched, hardly works. Trading it for the Godfather. Beat GTA 3 last night.
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum