Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mustang Pushes into SuperCar Territory

3 posters

Go down

New Mustang Pushes into SuperCar Territory Empty New Mustang Pushes into SuperCar Territory

Post by Slashfan Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:59 pm

The little pony car Mustang is making way into Ferrari and Lamborghini territory with the new Ford Shelby Mustang GT500. No, not the Boss 302, not the GT, The GT500. Yes Ford Racing brought the Ford Windsor engine back but modifing it to new standards, and a different set of cubes (330c.i). All they really did though was take the 5.4L modular V8 from a Ford GT and punch it out which goes to a 350-360-ish cubes range since stats says it's a 5.8L. Still doesn't beat the 351 Windsor I've got in my truck though haha), 650 horspower stock, 600 ft-lb's of torque, and 200mph+ top speed, and starting prices are dirt cheap for a monster power package. Hopefully we will get it in GT someday. Dare I say the muscle car wars are back? Dodge, with the Dart, Challenger and Charger; Ford, with the Mustang, Falcon, and Chevrolet, with the Camaro and new Corvette...Who knows what other iconic names will make a return! Currently, the Mustang is the highest powered modern muscle car on the road (ones that existed from the '60s anways), beating the Chevy Corvette by a mere 37 horsepower and is the largest mass produced V8 engine out there as far as power goes and you can modify it to over 1000 horsepower EASY, if not more. And the car is lighter than the Camaro, and puts this 'Stang in upwards of 0-60 in 3 seconds.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-official-photos-and-info-news

http://jalopnik.com/5859549/the-2013-shelby-gt500-wants-to-make-the-camaro-zl1-its-bitch

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1111_2013_ford_shelby_gt500_and_2013_mustang_lineup/viewall.html
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts Posts : 274
Location Location : Somewhere in Time

Back to top Go down

New Mustang Pushes into SuperCar Territory Empty Re: New Mustang Pushes into SuperCar Territory

Post by PTK Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:07 pm

Wow, it is cheap haha
PTK
PTK
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Posts Posts : 247
Location Location : Sactown

Back to top Go down

New Mustang Pushes into SuperCar Territory Empty Re: New Mustang Pushes into SuperCar Territory

Post by dr_slump Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:45 pm

But still, it's too heavy to be in the same class as a supercar.

I bet the GTR would destroy it on a road course. Very Happy
dr_slump
dr_slump
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts Posts : 443
Location Location : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashfan Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:45 pm

dr_slump wrote:But still, it's too heavy to be in the same class as a supercar.

I bet the GTR would destroy it on a road course. New Mustang Pushes into SuperCar Territory 364988687

True, but around my parts it's affordable power that can easily be increased majorly with minor mods, and some weight reduction can put it in the supercar class. But stock yes, it's not in the same class. No doubt in my mind that a GTR would destroy it.
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by PTK Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:41 pm

I want to destroy a GT-R tho... ^
PTK
PTK
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Posts Posts : 247
Location Location : Sactown

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashfan Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Give it a few more years and Ford will.
Slashfan
Slashfan
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down